- As part of a lawsuit settlement, the NYPD will no longer be randomly stopping taxis to search passengers for weapons.
- The execution of Steven Saley, the former day laborer Texas has been forcibly medicating in order to induce competency, has been stayed.
- The Former Bosnian Serb Army Chief Ratko Mladic’s trial on 11 charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity begins today in the International Criminal Court at The Hague.
- Francois Hollande assumed the French Presidency amid lightning in the sky, and almost immediately departed to Germany to meet with Angela Merkel.
- “I’m for Mitt Romney,” former President George W. Bush said as the elevator door closed, unwittingly providing a metaphor for something.
- Could the Democrats have picked a worse place than North Carolina to hold their national convention in September? Probably, but still. (You get no points for answering “Yes, New Jersey”)
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content!
New at ReasonTV: "Why We're Entering the Age of Ron Paul"