- Members of the Oakland Police Department rioted last night, firing tear gas and chasing residents. (Bonus: Slate explains why tear gas isn't illegal.)
- NPR: "Nearly 700 Native American children in South Dakota are being removed from their homes every year, sometimes in questionable circumstances."
- NYT/CBS poll: "89 percent of Americans say they distrust government to do the right thing, 74 percent say the country is on the wrong track and 84 percent disapprove of Congress."
- Herman Cain skyrockets to the top of the polls--in Ohio. Was it because of this ad?
- Obama DOJ prepares new, horrible FOIA rules.
- Drug cops toss a 7-pound dog out a three-story window.
New at Reason.tv: "MTV VJ and Radio Host Kennedy on Marijuana, The Politics of Alt Rock, and Becoming Libertarian"