- AP: "Seeking a jolt for a wilting economy, President Barack Obama will give a major speech in early September."
- Five tobacco companies have filed suit against the FDA on the grounds that new warning labels "would illegally force them to make consumers 'depressed, discouraged and afraid'" of their products.
- Tea Party favorite and Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli may run for the Senate in 2014.
- The Economist's Erica Grieder: "What we get wrong about Rick Perry."
- "Police Chief Jim McDonnell has confirmed that detaining photographers for taking pictures 'with no apparent esthetic value' is within Long Beach Police Department policy."
- College proposes to limit tuition hikes to 1 percent above the CPI.
New at Reason.tv: "Obamacare, Gov't Insurance Exchanges, & The Coming Price Explosion"
*Mea culpa, readers.