A deadly, brain-eating amoeba has been found in the water supply in Louisiana.
The amoeba - Naegleria fowleri - was found in water tested in the Violet and Arabi communities in Louisiana, outside New Orleans.
It is believed to be the first time the parasite has been identified in a US water supply, but health officials say that it is still safe to drink.
The discovery follows the bug-linked deaths last month of an unidentified four-year-old boy from Mississippi and 12-year-old Zachary Reyna from Florida.
Source: Sky News. Read full article. (link)